Today we’re meeting New York Times best-selling author Rebecca Cantrell, who knows her way around a twisty mystery…but does she know her way around some seriously stupid questions?
Rebecca’s hot Hannah Vogel mystery, A TRACE OF SMOKE, has won a bunch of awards, including the Macavity, and Bruce Alexander awards…she’s so cool! I am offering up a free ebook copy of this so don’t forget to post a comment to enter the draw to win!
Purchase Link just in case you can’t wait: https://www.amazon.com/Trace-Smoke-Hannah-Vogel-Novels-ebook/dp/B01MQUTPBF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489601940&sr=8-1&keywords=a+trace+of+smoke
Rebecca will be appearing this week at the Left Coast Crime Conference in Honolulu, Hawaii. She’ll be on a panel discussing her work so if you are anywhere near sunny Waikiki, come on down and meet her.
Here is a link for all the details about Honolulu Havoc. http://www.leftcoastcrime.org/2017/
Busy as she is, Rebecca took time to conquer, I mean, answer, some really stupid questions!
1. Hi Rebecca, what’s your favorite cocktail? I’ll have the cabana boys whip one up for you while I ask you some stupid, I mean important questions.
A chocolate martini. Shaken or stirred. The most important part is: CHOCOLATE!
2. Oh that sounds good! Who do you know that is most likely to have been abducted by aliens?
Douglas Adams. Sadly, I do not know him, but his descriptions of Vogon poetry in Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy seem too apt to be a simple coincidence. Plus, Marvin must be based on a real alien robot.
3. I agree! What would be your favorite beach read? (not your own of course…)
I just finished reading Hell’s Detective by Michael Logan at the beach today. It’s a hell of a noir/fantasy/horror–a perfect splash of shade in a sunny day.
4. You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant?
I’d set up an elephant sanctuary in my condo. The condo has a pool, so it can swim. I could take it for long walks to find bananas and other fruit to eat. I’d have to get the pool umbrellas set up just right so it would have a shady place to stand. Then I think we’d just hang out and I’d have chocolate martinis and the elephant would either drink carbonated water from the hot tub or cold water from the pool. Elephant’s choice. And I would name her Esmeralda.
5. That is the best answer EVER! An elephant sanctuary! Awesome! Now,,,finally, the stupidest question of all…
You’re stuck on a deserted island after a three hour tour that goes awry. Name six people alive or dead that you’d like to be marooned with…and your fantasy castaway meal.